Two years later, in 1899, the Society funded a first aid station, called "Iatrion Kerkyras". During the greek-turkish war of 1897, its doctors took care of the wounded soldiers. London's "Daily Chronicle" donated money to equip the building. Until our days The "Iatrion" mostly deals with emergencies and its services are free of charge. More than 15,000 patients are being treated annualy by the Society.
Its buiding was donated by Polimnia Skaramanga and it is located in Skaramanga street in the centre of the town, close to the "Annunziata" monument.