The Ionian Parliament building is a neoclassical construction built in 1853 by the corfiot architect Ioannis Chronis. It is located at the end of Moustoxidi street (colloquially known as "Platí Kantuni") and is made of marble. In this building, in September 1863 the Ionian Parliament voted for the unification of the Ionian islands with the rest of Greece. After the union, it was turned into an Anglican church until the building's bombardment in 1943. It was completely restored in 1962 and now it houses the museum of the Fighters for Heptanisian Independence, a memorial to those who struggled for the liberation of the Ionian island. The building is also hosts cultural events, exhibitions and lectures.
There is a commemorative plaque in english inside the porch, next to the building's entrance.
The main entrance of the building is made of wood and above it there is an ornate ironwork.
The statue of Stefanos Padovas, the last president of the Ionian Parliament.
Its columns have an intense Doric-Tuscan influence.
The eastern and western side of the building features windows which permit natural light enter inside.