Wednesday 10 September 2008

Tomorrow I'm flying to England!

Yes! Finally the big day has come! Tomorrow morning I am flying with Easyjet from Corfu airport to London Gatwick. When in Gatwick, I will have to take the train to London Victoria and then the train to Faversham, Kent. I am going to stay at a friend's family for the first few days, until I find a place in London to move in. I will enrol at Goldsmiths on September the 22nd and my lessons will start one week after the enrollment day.

Some pictures from my London / Canterbury trip back in 2005:

Canterbury High street:


Canterbury Cathedral:


Panoramic view of Canterbury from the hill near Kent University:


Buckingham Palace:


Oxford street with Centrepoint tower in the background:


Rochester in Kent from the train to London:


Piccadilly Circus:


The London Eye and the County Hall from Westminster bridge:


A true London icon: The Big Ben!


Castle street in Canterbury:


Semi-detach dwelling in Canterbury - This is where I stayed:


Manolis greek taverna in Canterbury:


Trafalgar square with Nelson's Column and Big Ben in the background:


East London from the plane back to Greece:


Westmister Underground station:



That's all for now, I'm going to post some updates in the next few days with some pictures from Kent and London. So you will have a rough idea of how it is like and what the weather is up there.

No comments: